Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I have a little issue going on.

That is:

When I change some paramaters manually in: /etc/openrepeater/svxlink/svxlink.conf
    And then change some parameters via de web gui..
    My Manually parameters are set back to their default settings..

For Example, I need to turn off DEEMPHASIS=0
    Everytime I change something on the Web gui, it is set back to 1..

This behaviour is for all parameters.

Bjorn – PD5DJ

BJ,
    I had the same issue and what I ended up doing was using the webgui to do the initial setup for my repeater and then any changes after that I did via a regular text editor and then just restarted the svxlink service manually… as for the webgui resetting the settings when it resets svxlink im not sure how to stop it and i am afraid that when the pi/bbb reboots it will reset those settings again, so instead of running Aarons command for making the svxlink start automatically i think ill set it up as a cron job to avoid all setting being “reeset” to web gui standards. if you find a way to disable the “resetting” of settings please let me know.
    thanks,
    Devan

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Devan, KD8MST. Reason: add the email follow up

BJ,

reference this post Aaron mentions a way to keep settings from being overwritten, i had missed it before!
    https://openrepeater.com/forums/topic/new-6-meter-repeater-controller

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

That’s correct. Just so you understand how ORP works, it is a custom GUI on top of svxlink that builds config files for you. When you edit setting in the web gui, they get saved into a sqlite database. When a change is made a memcache flag is set so the gui prompts your to rebuild and restart. So nothing physically changes with the svxlink config until you take this step.

Upon Clicking the Rebuild and Restart button, this will run svxlink_update.php which is responsible for reading the setting out of the database and writing them to the svxlink.conf file you say gets over written, so that is why. You will want to make you changes within the svxlink_update.php file. It also includes some sub files to help break it up and make it a little more readable. So you should know php before jumping into this file. There are a lot of setting that are hard coded into this file. In essence it is basically quote the whole file a a bunch of substrings then combining those and writing it out to various files. You can fine this file in the web directory: /var/www/openrepeater/functions/svxlink_update.php

Again changed you don’t want to be overwritten should be hard coded into this file.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.