Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

As the story goes a good friend of mine and i built a working 6 meter repeater in just a few hours. well he was a linux guy and loved every single aspect of it and he thought it would be a great idea to move the repeater controller to a linux based system. October 31st, 2015 Andrew (KD8USF) tragically lost his life, so in his honor i will be using a raspberry pi 2 and a easy digi board and I will complete what we wanted to do not so long ago! any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Devan,
    Sorry to hear about your friend Andrew. My thoughts and prayers to you and his family. What a great way to commemorate him and thanks for your interest in OpenRepeater. I will definitely guide you however I can. We are getting ready to release new images of version 1.1.0. I almost have things ready. Maybe I can finish that over the weekend while snowed in…provided the power and internet don’t go down. In additional to an easy digi, you will also need a basic circuit to interface the COS line to the GPIO. We have a basic schematic you and build upon on our getting started guide for hardware. Let me know if you have any questions in your quest.

Aaron (N3MBH)

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

As of 2 days ago after many configuration changes over the past week my 6 Meter Repeater controller has been traded out for a Raspberry Pi 2 running svxlink working perfectly with many many compliments on its capabilities and general usability.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Glad to hear it and that it’s working for you. The SVXLink core is pretty capable already. We just have to build the UI and logic to make it easier to configure. You can certainly hack it and customize it to your needs. If you do, instead of editing the svxlink config files directly, I’d recommend editing the the svxlink_update.php file. many of the settings are hard coded here and some get replaced with variables from the UI/DB. This way you can still updated stuff in the UI and not overwrite you modifications/overrides.

Something I hope to implement in the future would be a user photo gallery showing different installs of ORP. Or maybe you could be a guest author for a blog article and outline your setup and have a tribute to Andrew. If you are interested shoot me a email at info at openrepeater dot com. Thanks for the update and good luck.

Aaron (N3MBH)

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.