Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am no programmer but I would think this shouldn’t be too difficult.

Most repeaters do NOT ID at every X minutes but rather ID 10 minutes after the start of a conversation and every 10 Minutes during until the last transmission ends.
    This is per FCC Part 97 rules.

I find that having the repeater ID every 10 minutes regardless of activity is a waste of electricity and needlessly transmitting.

Just my 2 cents worth I do like the fact of the short and long ID, it would just be nice and legal to have it ID during activity every 10 minutes. (User selectable of course)

Thanks in advance if this can happen in a newer release version.

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

https://github.com/OpenRepeater/openrepeater/issues/58

This is a known issue that will be addressed in an upcoming version

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

It is achievable in the current development build (2.2.0) but that is not available publicly as a downloadable image. You’d have to do a custom build from script to get it up and running. This code will likely not be publicly released, but rather absorbed into version 3.0 when the new UI design is completed. If you are adventurous and good with linux then you can use the script to do a 2.2.0 build.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

hayden
    User

Im wanting this feature so will try this if its not released by the time I need it. Im a programmer so can help.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Hayden,
    As mentioned it is implement in the development branch of 2.2.x. That code base is currently being absorbed into the 3.0 redesign. So it will definitely be within 3.0 release when that is ready. It’s just slow going. If you want to help on the development side, you should join our slack group. Let me know if you need an invitation.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

hayden
    User

I still have my invitation from sign up here, so i joined the slack group.

I am not a programmer unless you count CPM, appleIIc and Commodore 64 basic. I would be willing to take a look at the code and try and learn so Aaron if you are reading this, sign me up for the slack group.

Always willing to learn.

“Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!’

hayden
    User

/knowledgebase/topic/custom-svxlink-configuration @David if you look there, near the end there is provision for adding custom svxlink config settings and not having them overwritten by openrepeater.

hayden
    User

https://openrepeater.com/knowledgebase/topic/custom-svxlink-configuration @David if you look there, near the end there is provision for adding custom svxlink config settings and not having them overwritten by openrepeater.

Today I got OpenRepeater working on my custom hardware for the first time. This controller is going into a very old 220 repeater that has been modified many times with zero documentation to go along with it. The last modification was to clean out years of rodent debris, replace the power supply, and for some unexplained reason, ripping out the previous external controller interface.

The audio level between the receiver and transmitter is very low, in the 60 mVp-p range. For this reason I will only be using OpenRepeater to handle the COR to PTT interface, timeout control, and I will be injecting the courtesy beep and ID into the existing audio connection. I will not be passing the audio through the audio chip.

My only complaint is the same one that started this thread, ID’ing every 10 minutes whether the repeater is active or not. I can come up with a hardware workaround but it has been stated this will be fixed in V3.0. The last mention of this release was in August. Any forecast on a release date?

I saw the patch in the last two replies. This is beyond my skill set at the moment but I know someone who might help. In the meantime, the new release would be greatly appreciated. I will ask our club treasurer about a donation.

73’s,
    Loren Albright – W1UV
    Member, Interstate Repeater Society Technical Committee
    Derry, NH.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.