Repeater ID ONLY after uses transmit

Home Forums Feature Requests Repeater ID ONLY after uses transmit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron, N3MBH 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am no programmer but I would think this shouldn’t be too difficult.

Most repeaters do NOT ID at every X minutes but rather ID 10 minutes after the start of a conversation and every 10 Minutes during until the last transmission ends.
    This is per FCC Part 97 rules.

I find that having the repeater ID every 10 minutes regardless of activity is a waste of electricity and needlessly transmitting.

Just my 2 cents worth I do like the fact of the short and long ID, it would just be nice and legal to have it ID during activity every 10 minutes. (User selectable of course)

Thanks in advance if this can happen in a newer release version.

Dan Loranger
    Forum Moderator

https://github.com/OpenRepeater/openrepeater/issues/58

This is a known issue that will be addressed in an upcoming version

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

It is achievable in the current development build (2.2.0) but that is not available publicly as a downloadable image. You’d have to do a custom build from script to get it up and running. This code will likely not be publicly released, but rather absorbed into version 3.0 when the new UI design is completed. If you are adventurous and good with linux then you can use the script to do a 2.2.0 build.

Aaron – N3MBH

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.