Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Completed a fresh install. Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. The only modifications were adding call sign to Repeater tab and setting RX GPIO pin to 22, TX pin to 27 and setting both RX and TX to alsa:plughw:0.

Short and long IDs are present in head phones.

I have my (-) lead on multi-meter connected to pin 14 (Ground) and the (+) lead to 13 (GPIO 27). I do not get 3.3v when audio is present.

No repeater log errors.

dmesg had the following errors:
    EXT-4fs (mmcblk0p2): couldn’t mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities – 2 of these errors, but then it reports mounting the file system

pcm512x 1-004d: Failed to reset device: -5
    pcm512x 1-004c: Failed to reset device: -5 (I think these are codecs, not worried about the error).

I have the following registered under /sys/class/gpio
    xport gpio22 gpio27 gpiochip0 unexport

I can manually turn on/off gpio27 (verified by 3.3v on mutimeter) by using echo 1/0 on the value of gpio27.

When I cat the svxlink_update.php file, I see the following:

* WRITE GPIO PINS TO STARTUP FILE */
    gpioRxString = implode(” “, $gpioRxArray);
    gpioTxString = implode(” “, $gpioTxArray);

gpioConfigFile .= ‘
    GPIO_PTT_PIN=”‘.$gpioTxString.'”
    GPIO_SQL_PIN=”‘.$gpioRxString.'”

Could it be GPIO pins 22 & 27 are not being being passed to the proper startup file?

Gene
    N7ARO

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Well if you can sys the gpios pins in /sys/class/gpio, then they are writing to the proper “startup file” What you are seeing in php file is the code that pulls setting from the database and write it out to a config file that svxlink reads to operate.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Has anyone actually successfully used the Pi2B GPIO for an automatic PTT using the current Beta?

Is it possible that another device is configured for the PTT (/dev/ttyx) that has priority in svxlink?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, last week was nuts. Yes, I have been able to successfully use this image on my RPI2. I am doing my development on the Beaglebone Black so I will have to try and fire up my Pi again when I get a chance. I do remember that I did have to add the pull up resister on COS gpio to make it work right.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thanks,

I will give it a try and report back.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.