Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I am currently building a new repeater using the SVXlink card with a raspberry pi. Radio’s are 2x VHF PM100 maxon radio’s.

our current setup supports echolink and irlp. Now I want to know can irlp be integrated into the open repeater software? I see echolink can be setup via the GUI.

Or are people moving over to Allstar?

Regards

Paul
    G7KBR

Hi All

Is this not possible with openrepeater?

Regards

Paul

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry for the delayed response. I am currently out of town. IRLP and Allstar are not currently supported by ORP. There are discussions on working to incorporate those but it will take some work. I’ve heard rumors that there have been folks that have gotten both to work with SVXLink directly, but I’ve yet to run across a tutorial that would facilitate us building this into the code base. If you find anything let us know.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I went to AllStar Hamvoip for now, because it also had Echolink on it. And it was fairly easy to setup for simplex user. Downside was AllStar uses Arch and not Debian.

Just a $3 usb cm108 and some lose parts to solder and you are good to go. And the gpio pins are not used for ptt cos.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Rolf,
    No problem, use what works for you. I have been working to add support for Hidraw devices as interface hardware in an upcoming version. I expect this to available in the UI most likely in version 3.0. I currently have this functionality working on the back end in a development version, but the UI is not built out yet. I’ve been working on that on the side as well.

I currently have test Hidraw hardware that I’ve been developing with and there will be support added for the DMK Engineering URI as well as the Repeater Builder RIM Lite off the bat. This should also work with other CM108/CM119 home brewed hardware as well provided that it is pulling COS and PTT from supported pins.

I’ve also been starting to flirt with Allstar a little as time allows. That will likely have to be a parallel install of Asterisk and apt-rpt and audio routed via software between asterisk and svxlink. It will be a significant amount of coding. Last I tried to install Allstar on the same system I was unable do do the build as the package didn’t support running on Buster. I will get back to it eventually, but I’m currently working on a new UI design to support future updates.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.