Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    Today I wrote down an image of “OpenRepeater” on Raspberry Pi2. The system isn’t loaded 🙁

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings,
    Thanks for trying out the project. So just to confirm, you have the Raspberry Pi 2 with the quad core processor and 1GB of memory, correct?

You should have an .img file after you uncompress it. What application did you use to write it to your SD card?

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hello Aaron,
    When using 7zip to uncompress img.gz, I’m getting a data error in “openrepeater-raspi2-1.0.0-beta 1-07_07_15.img” File is broken.
    Gavin
    VA3XRR

Richard, N4CNR
    Forum Moderator

Hey guys what ver of 7zip are you using ? I just pulled the same img down to a laptop here at work and used 7zip with no issues. Also this is for the PI-2 only it will not work on the other pi boards. they have a diff cpu . it is marked rpi2.

are you on windows or mac ? can you give me moree info on what your doing step by step ?

Richard, N4CNR
    Forum Moderator

here is the best route for extracting the file.

install 7zip for your os 32/64

1) download the img
    2) drag it to the desktop
    3) right click and say extract here.
    4) burn img to sd

I can confirm I am also having this issue, I’ve download the image archive from the site but it’s corrupted.

I’m running Linux as my host system.

Writing the image to SD card results in a Pi that won’t boot.

73s,
    2E0GXE

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

This looks like it might be due to an incomplete download. For the ‘openrepeater-raspi2-1.0.0-beta 1-07_07_15.img.gz’ file should be about 944 MB before unzipping. Another user was getting theirs truncated. Maybe try a different browser and see if that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I upgraded the 7zip to 15.05 beta (2015-06-14) for Windows.

Richard I followed your above best route for extracting.
    The new message I’m seeing know is “Unexpected end of data : openrepeater-raspi2-1.0.0-beta 1-07_07_15.img.
    Gavin
    VA3XRR

I made everything as Richard recommended, but the system again isn’t loaded 🙁
    The archive has the size 944megabayt, I use Raspberry Pi2. I wrote down an image the Win32diskimager.write program everything without mistakes, the image turned out 3,6gb.

Looks like the download and uncompress worked with Chrome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Image Not Loading on Raspberry Pi 2’ is closed to new replies.