Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

after a long winter i managed to get the ICS Board together with 2x Motorola GM340 and the Openrepeater System running.
    But i am experiencing a delay in the output… Exactly the first 1 second of my voice is missing in the output.

Any idea from where this could come?

COS is working fine, led is on, repeater starts to transmit, i can listen the audio on the motorola, but if TX was off, TX goes on and first 1 second or so is missing. If i than transmit again (during the TX is still on) the voice comes faster and only the first 0,2 or so seconds are missing.

Thanks for Help
    Wolf. DH4HAV
    Hamburg / germany

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Wolfgang,
    Dan at ICS has sent me your video that you’ve shared with him. He said he was able to replicate this on the 2.0.0 image. We will see if the same issue is replicatable on the upcoming 2.1.0 image.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron,

thanks for helping. If you want i am ready for testing the new image 🙂

73, Wolf, DH4HAV

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I’ve sent you a direct email with instructions.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Mrs. Aaron, N3MBH
    Good afternoon, when the new image 2.1.0
    Thanks 73
    Manuel Moreira
    CT2HMR

Greetings: I have noticed that the first letter of the morse code ID is cut off on my simplex repeater for echolink. Is this the same issue? I have looked for some place to adjust the delay in the TX audio. Also I have the SQL START set to =1000 to stop ping pong of repeater as suggested by another SVX user, which has worked; but may have caused other unintended effects. Comments? Randy N4UUJ

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Randy, I would have to experiment with this some to see if I am able to recreated the same issue. But from your other post it seems that you have done some heavy modifications, so there could be something that is causing an undesired affect. I mentioned it the other post I just commented on about looking into doing a 2.1.0 build that will support simplex logic ideal for an echolink node.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

I am also experimenting this issue, where the first second is cut off, I was able to adjust the timers down to the 1 second mark, But still miss a second or so. We are using Pi 3, ICS 1x in simplex mode as a echolink node. Ive edited the SVXlink.php with the SQL_START_DELAY to 2350, because we were having a loop, as soon as the repeater would unkey, it would detect the squelch and rekey back up. But with the SQL_START_DELAY i was able to stop that. Also and only when someone is logged into echolink via the app when someone keys up and then unkeys the repeater will key back up. Once the person logs off echolink it doesnt do it. Ive had this issue on 2.1.2 and talked with Aaron and wanted me to drop down to 2.1.1 which im on now.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Michael,
    Did 2.1.1 make any different with the issue you mentioned? I think some of the latency issues

As for the beginning of audio getting cut off. That does seem to happen with some setups. Form what I’ve heard this has to do with SVXLink closing the audio card when not in use. With the most recent release we are told there are two new config variables that could help with this. This is in the 19.x verison of SVXLink which we are currently testing in the 2.2.x code…still in development They are suppose to fix the startup dropped audio problems and possibly some of the other random dropped audio. Those are referenced below. I am making some fairly substantial backend changes at the moment to add extra features, so I hope to test these soon.

AUDIO_DEV_KEEP_OPEN (see man svxlink.conf)
    ASYNC_AUDIO_ALSA_ZEROFILL (see man svxlink)

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

I also have a delay in my TX of transmissions. I am running 2.1.3 and I had added 2 spaces (Hit the spacebar twice) before your Callsign in the General Settings. That should fix your delay in the callsign missing the first letter.
    I’ve also noticed if you use a PL tone it takes a while for it to activate the audio. I have played around with this quite a bit but found my Rasp Pi 4 seems to work better then my 3B+.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I’m using an ICS controller V1.0 for the Motorola MTR2000.

KB3WYD
    Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.