Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Aaron: The ping pong is maybe a squelch tail problem where the repeater closes and the simplex link responds with a beep which keys up the repeater again and my simplex link responds with a beep and will keep on until I end the echolink session. This is before I try to use PTT on echolink. I have made my changes in the svxlink.conf file. I realize that is not the place to change it but it had worked on 2.0.0 . wrsweeney@hotmail.com

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sent you and email.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I have been away from this project since June and now I can’t SSH in to the configuration files any more. Says permission denied. I am still on version 2.0.0 and signed in as root and OpenRepeater as PW OK, but the /var/www/openrepeater/includes/classes/SVXLink.php command says permission denied? I know I must be missing something which I have forgotten in the away time and must relearn it.

Echolink is still working OK but need to increase the output level to the transceiver and want to get rid of the “On Air” voice announcement when echolink connects and disconnects. and update to newer versions.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Let me know if you can get in as the pi user. I believe it still may be present in the 2.0.0 image. We’ve removed it for security in newer versions. That may give you a back door to reset the root possibly.

Also I would check your SSH client and make sure you are not having any possible issues with that. Maybe a conflicting known hosts key or something.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

yes I can log in as pi and raspberry and I can log in as root and OpenRepeater but when I go to a command it says permission denied

After successful login
    It comes up to root@orp~:#
    When I try to use /var/openrepeater/includes/classes/SVXLink.php it returns permission denied

Success……needed to add nano before the command line /var/www/….
    I will write this stuff down in the future before I go on to other things and forget!

How can I disable the on air greeting when echolink connects and disconnects. The repeater owner does not want the extra chatter.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Am I correct in assuming the file that says: “You have connected to an OpenRepeater Echolink node. For more information, please visit openrepeater.com”

If that is the case, the easiest thing to do is to rename the audio file and replace it with something else. You can just do some command line renaming and copying.

First, Backup the greeting file by renaming it:
    mv /usr/share/svxlink/sounds/en_US/EchoLink/greeting.wav /usr/share/svxlink/sounds/en_US/EchoLink/greetingORIG.wav

Then, copy the “connected” file by renaming it:
    cp /usr/share/svxlink/sounds/en_US/EchoLink/connected.wav /usr/share/svxlink/sounds/en_US/EchoLink/greeting.wav

Now instead of the message above it will just say “connected” from the remote node.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Thank you for your reply: I want to eliminate the greeting message that goes out over the repeater on the air and just have the echolink connect with out an announcement thru the repeater. And, how to I locate the files.. I log on as root….and then how do I get to the files needed to be changed?
    FYI I was able to increase the level to the radio by adjusting the alsamixer after maxing the levels on the ICS1 to acceptable level now and it hold after restarting.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.