Custom SVXLink Configuration

Home Forums Getting Started (Software) Custom SVXLink Configuration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron, N3MBH 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve been trying to configure ORP to work better with my ICS Pi 1X, and some settings I have to do to the file directly (like gain, etc)

I’ve followed the instructions under custom svxlink that have been posted, to no avail.

Do I need to build in the changes, or are the configurations already in the php file, and I just need to find and edit them?

I did find the .php file that the svxlink.conf draws from, but I don’t see anywhere to make changes at.

So far, using alsamixer, I’ve been able to adjust the gain and other items to where they work perfectly, but everytime I have to reset it or disconnect it when I’m working on something, the settings, of course, don’t keep.

Can anyone help? I understand why the .php file needs to be edited…I just don’t know how to edit it and where to put the edits at

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Jack,
    I would assume you are referring to the knowledge base article “Custom SVXLink Configuration”. If so that is a bit out of date and needs to be rewritten/updated. The principles are the same, but in 2.0.0 things are in different locations than are mentioned in the KB article.

For testing purposes, you can try stuff in the svxlink.conf file, but you need to be careful not to overwrite it while testing. But yes, items should be modified in the PHP that writes the configs. Since writing that article, much of this has been converted into PHP classes. Most of what you are looking for should be in the “/var/wwww/openrepeater/includes/classes/SVXLink.php” file. These files only have what is being used, so you’d need to add in extra svxlink variable if required or find the ones you wish to change. This class is formatted a little different than previously. It builds a multi-dimensional associative PHP array…which later gets parsed into the INI format that SVXLink expects. You can still find the relative sections and the key/value pairs, but you just need to format as a PHP array.

The upcoming version of ORP will be adding a backup/restore feature, which will backup and restore the alsamixer settings.

Aaron – N3MBH

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.