Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to upgrade the software and not replace the configuration?
    Are configurationfiles owewritten?

/Christer

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

The way OpenRepeater works is the settings in the web UI are saved into a database, then those settings are used to construct the proper config files when changes are made. Generally speaking I would say it is not typically possible to upgrade the software as historically speaking with each progressive version there have been gradual changes to the database structure that could cause issues migrating the data.

It would likely be best to take screen shots of your setting and apply the same settings in the new version. If you have any custom sound files, be sure to make backups of those and upload those into the new version.

In the upcoming version 2.1.0 we have added a backup and restore feature. This will backup the database, modules, customs sound files, and ALSA settings. Going forward from here, you will be able to attempt to restore a backup to a newer version, but ORP will warn you if there is a version mismatch between the backup file and the current version. This will be a great feature for migrating installations to a different controller, recovering from a failure, or making restore points if you want to experiment.

The backup is a single file with ‘.orp’ extension. This is just an archive file and you can unzip it by changing the extension to ‘.tar.gz’.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I see two new versions 2.1.0 and 2.1.1. Are they ready for us to use or should we wait for further documentation. Randy N4UUJ

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Randy,
    Yes they are ready to use. I would used the 2.1.1 image as it has a bug fix for the 2.1.0 image. The 2.1.0 image will likely be made unavailable in the near future. As of this writing, they are officially release…just in a soft release. Meaning I have not made the official announcement yet, wrote a blog article, sent out email newsletter, and post to social media as I typically do with new releases. That will be coming soon. Working on some new videos and I have some other that said they would help with some documentation. It’s not drastically different from 2.0.0.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Hi Aaron,

I have troubles with the Weblogin in 2.1.1
    It show´s me always a 504 Gateway Time-out after the OpenRepeater start site.
    So i have no chance to make the Setups in the Webbased Wizard.
    Can you help me with my problem?

73s Klaus OE4KMU

Hi!
    All ok now, i changed the router and all works perfect.
    ?

73s Klaus, OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Klaus…glad you got it figured out.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.