Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I like the way it is setup via web interface etc.
    However, I did not get beyong the initial wizard since the only option is to tx via gpio
    There ought to be via serial port also, maybe can be added eventually?

I am currently running svxlink with echo, parrot, metar and help modules working perfect.
    I gave this one a spin since I really like the easy web setup interface.
    Good job I will be keeping an eye on this one!

Maybe somebody can show where or how I can set it to tx via serial (I use a kenwood TMV71a )

regards,
    J69DS Frans

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Frans,
    Yes we don’t have serial built in yet. My goal is primarily to keep UI straight forward and simple. While SVXLink supports numerous configurations it makes sense for ORP to start with the most common and build out from there centered around the concept of the SMC type device like the RPI. It takes a good bit of coding to add in some seemly simple features when they are UI driven.

Of course you are familiar with SVXLink already so you can certainly modify ORP to your needs. See this KB articles for starting points: https://openrepeater.com/knowledgebase/topic/custom-svxlink-configuration

Hope that helps some.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron,

Yes Svx is great but also quite complicated at times, and I am no linux geek. I had to read tons and had a lot of help for others also!
    Read some of that page you sent me to, will read it in more detail in a bit but yes I can see where it can be done that way also.
    And yes I can well imagine the amount of coding it takes to add a simple one liner feature. So no problem I will keep an eye on this project indeed. I really like the interface you guys have put together, very neat!

But I think tx from a serial port can also be useful also for those who have a cat connection on a serial port.

Keep at it I am certainly impressed with your work.

Another question is will you be adding the metar info module also? I just love that feature, it is interesting to get the wx info, temp baro etc from the local airports
    The other modules? like voicemail and parrot? I find parrot is neat for a audio check. Just fun indeed.

Keep it up!
    73 de j69ds Frans

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I am working on a module frame work for the Web GUI, So if it is supported by SVXLink, it shouldn’t be much more work to build the framework for those modules.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.