Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    which version of svxlink is on RPi image ?
    How can i upgrade svxlink to higher version ?

Thanks in advance.

73′
    Rafał

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

If memory serves correctly, I believe OPR 1.1.0 is running something like SVXLink 15.11 or something close to that. Richard does a custom Debian build that he uses to in the build script when we do a new release. You can also compile it for yourself. I believe that is in the SVXLink install instructions. Just be careful that things don’t change as the ORP GUI might be tied in to the version of SVXLink bundled with it. If something changes in SVXLink it could break some GUI functions. Just make sure you make an image of your card before you attempt anything so you can easily revert.

We are working on a new version of ORP which we hope to release soon. That will have an upgraded SVXLink version with it. We don’t have an exact release date as we are still testing some functions. Hopefully around mid summer.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi,

thanks a lot for reply 🙂
    In another device ( Orange PI ) i’ve installed clean svxlink ver. 15.11 and i’ve found other features.
    Like beep at the end of repeater timeout , and much lower audio delays.
    Orange PI is powerfull platform.

On RPi i’ve tried to upgrade svxlink build by ORP ( full compiling , instruction from svxlink site ) but there were a lot of dependencies and compilation failed …

Orange PI has different GPIO handling , but still fully compatible with RPi.
    ( and i’m still fighting with use of GPIO on OPI with svxlink )
    But OPi is cheaper than RPi , and sometimes more powerfull.

Vy 73′

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. We are aware of the Orange Pi, but our focus is shifting solely the RPI as the main supported board. Meaning that it is the only one that we are going to concentrate on for providing downloadable images. This doesn’t mean that ORP won’t run on the Orange Pi. We have a install script that we have been working on also that could be used by individuals to build their own installs on other boards.

There is a need to shift this direction as the project grows. For one, the RPI is the most dominate board with the largest support community behind it. Our downloads over more than a year show this compared to the other two boards we’ve been tinkering with. Secondly, as we are working to develop hardware, we need to focus on what will sell and what we can support. Third, having more than one board to support detracts from our ability to focus on development is we are constantly change support issues across the board.

Stay tuned as I think Richard will has support for the OPI once the next version is released.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.