Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anyone know if the SVXLink is available assembled or only as board and parts kits?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Juan is currently just starting to offer them as kits. He is just ordering the first batch. I think he has an option to order the board with the SMD chip for the watchdog circuit premounted.

I think Richard might be looking at assembling some to sell complete. I will check with him.

As the project matures, I hope others will come on board to offer ready to go options.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

From what I glean from their website you buy the circuit board and the parts kit separately.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

That is correct. There are two board options. One PCB with nothing on it, and one PCB with the watchdog SMD chip already mounted. You choose one of those and then buy the part packet, or if you are resourceful you can gather/order the parts yourself.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Richard, N4CNR
    Forum Moderator

Are you looking to purchase a complete built board? I have been working to build up 8 kits but can build out one.

I can build the kit, but all kits available are spoken for so I missed out

Richard, N4CNR
    Forum Moderator

Well I have 8 kits in the works I am waiting on 2 parts to show up . My email is kb3vgw@gmail.com . Email me

Not sure if I should have started another post or not for this question?

Dose anyone know when the second batch for the Board kits will be available?
    I am currently experimenting with a Beaglebone Black rev. C with a home brew PTT and COS circuit built onto a breadboard and two radios for testing. I am looking to go to a raspberry Pi3 format with the SVXLink card, but would like to get a third port on there as well if possible?

Or is there a cad drawing available for that board? I would be interested in trying experiment by adding a third port to interface with my DR-1X repeater. I would be adding a link radio and the third port would be an IRLP computer interface.
    I have some experience with designing and building boards, both through hole and SMT.

James VE1JCS

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello James,
    I believe Juan’s schedule is to ship the current boards out at the end of the month. They have a note on the page about emailing them if interested in the next batch but he doesn’t have any details posted yet.

You can find a schematic of the board here: https://openrepeater.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/schema_svxlink-rasp2015.pdf

If you are building your own from that you should be able to easy adapt it to a BBB.

If you are interested in helping with board designs, that would be great. Shoot me an email at info at open repeater dot com or send a message on the Facebook page.

Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.