Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I had an Arcom RC210 with the RAD option board:

http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/index.php/rc210/rad-audio-delay

This option delayed and gated the audio so when a mobile / HT unkeyed, the receive audio was stopped just prior to the squelch tail being passed.

Just a thought.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I think the SVXLink core we use might support this already, I would have to dig into the code and documentation to figure it out. If you can find it you could add some modifications into the svxlink_update.php file, which is responsible for generating the config files.

Our goal is to start with the essential features and build upon that as we are able. But I will come back here when I am making improvements. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Indeed, Svxlink supports a squelch-tail suppressing. Please keep in mind that the delay (in ms) will shift the retransmitted audio in time; making this tail too long might cause that users experience the “gap” inbetween two transmissions becomes too short to ‘break-in’.

SQL_TAIL_ELIM
    Squelch tail elimination is used to remove noise from the end of a received transmission. This is of most use when using CTCSS or SIGLEV squelch with unsquelched input audio. A normal value is a couple of hundred milliseconds. Note that the audio will be delayed by the same amount of milliseconds. This does not matter much for a simplex link but for a repeater the delay might be annoying since you risk hearing the end of your own transmission.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.