Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to use a SignaLink USB if I split the RX & TX to each radio respectively??

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

No not really. It functions like any other sound card; however, the vox circuit and relay go nuts.

Now if there was way to disable the internal vox circuit it would have all of the audio control and isolation to interface nice with the radios. It would required a simple COS and PTT circuit to interface with the GPIO pins.

With the SignaLink, no PTT data is sent over the USB just audio, the internal circuit is what controls the vox, which is optimized for digital or continuous speech.

Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I could use one since it had sound card in it. I guess I will continue on my quest and buy a plain USB sound card as suggested on the hardware page. I’m in the process of using an old rack mount switch enclosure that just so happens to have a 8-amp 5v power supply built in and standardizing all my connections with DB-9/DE-9 connections. I will be using the pin-out configuration of the Kantronics TNC products. I think it will turn out very nice and would love to share pics with everyone once I get it finished.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Yeah I did a little bit of testing with my SignaLink with the results above. The sound card part works fine, it’s just the built in vox circuit that its goofy. It could probably would, but the SignaLink would probably need modified to disable the vox circuit.

Yeah I would like to see some pictures when you are done. I’ve been thinking of starting a user photo gallery for people to share there work. Just haven’t gotten there yet.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.