Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Right now I’m running my PiRepeater on VOX mode with the given setup as shown on the “Getting Started >> Hardware” page, but the EasyDigi board I got had 4 pre-soldered audio jacks on both ends (Two to the Pi and two to the radios). Since I was following the instructions on the website, I also hooked up two GPIO headers to the board, but I’m not sure if that’s necessary.

– Erik Ji, KM6FCU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I am not sure what you question is. You can certainly add header pins if you like. The default EasyDigi only controls the TX side. If you want to avoid VOX (which is recommended) you can build your own COS circuit with an optocoupler. It’s entirely up to you so long as the basic circuit functions are there.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

My current setup is my RPi2 connected via USB sound card and cables to the EasyDigi. In addition to that, I have some GPIO headers connecting the RPi2 and the EasyDigi with accordance to the setup page. I was wondering if the GPIOs are necessary for VOX operation.

– Erik Ji, KM6FCU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

A GPIO is not required for the VOX mode on the receive; however, the GPIO is required to operate the PTT function of the TX radio. Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.