Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is there any chance of being able to use a rigblaster device for radio control?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been dealing with a crashed hard drive. I don’t have a rig blaster, but looking at their site it doesn’t look like most of them have an integrated sound card. The only one does is the RIGblaster Advantage. The others would require and external sound card which would seem pointless. Most devices that do include the sound card and PTT control usually have a generic sound card, a usb hub and a usb-to-serial converter. So one USB cable that splits out to two internal devices: sound card and usb-to-serial converter for PTT control. I would imagine that the sound card portion would be auto detected, but there would be drivers required for the serial chipset for PTT control. So right now you might be able to use the sound interface portion, but would still need some external circuitry to interface to the GPIO pins for COS and PTT. At least until the right person comes along and writes a drive. Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.