Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I can hear the ID and time transmit then I get this error in log file when trying to interact. The three modules are enabled and echolink is configured.

RepeaterLogic: Ignoring DTMF digit “#” since the repeater is not up ??

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

This is a common response when you send dtmf tones while the squelch is not opened. Have you wired up a pin for the COS gpio? When pull low it will open the squelch, when set back to high (3.3v) the squelch will close and you should hear the courtesy tone if you have one set.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I have the COS line running into GPIO4. The radio is a BF666. The COS line goes high (2.9v) when the squelch opens.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sounds like you have it backwards. It is setup to be used with an optocoupler to protect the gpio pin and electrically isolate it from the radio. On the phototransistor side, when that it illuminated it should take the gpio pin to ground (0v). When it is in active you should have resistor (about 10K) to pull the gpio pin up to the 3.3v pin. This keeps the pin from floating.

Then on the LED side of the optocoupler you would attach that COS line. So when the squelch opens, the optocoupler LED illuminates causing the phototransistor to pull the gpio to 0v.

See the hardware page for a simplified schematic.

I would try eliminating the radio, and just test using some jumpers. Be careful you don’t pull active high voltage from the 5v pin or you will fry your gpio pin and maybe your Pi.

Good Luck.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.