Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I apologize if this has been asked before, but is it possible to use a sound interface like the RA-35 from Masters Communications to connect the transmitter and receiver to the RPi? I am using one for another pi based project for audio in and out, COS, and PTT all via a single USB connection and would like to do something similar with this build. If not, I’ll work on making the connections necessary to access the GPIO pins.

Thank you!
    ~Matt

KB3PSN

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Matt,

Possibly…

It appears the RA-35 from Masters Communications is a similar device to a DMK Engineering URI or a USB RIM Lite using a modified sound codec to extend it’s GPIO pins. Is that correct?

If so there has been some development progress made in the 2.2.x backend code to support this. I don’t have plans to roll it out until the 3.0 redesign is completed as I need to have UI elements to allow configuration to the average user. But initial testing has been positive.

So far I have only tested this with the DMK Engineering URI and USB RIM Lite but other CM108/CM119 devices should work. On the SVXLink side the support for this only handles a couple pins and they refer to them as Hidraw devices.

COS Pins Supported:
    VOL_UP, VOL_DN, MUTE_PLAY or MUTE_REC

PTT Pins Supported:
    GPIO1, GPIO2, GPIO3 or GPIO4

I’d have to verify that the pins on CM119A chip for the RA-35 schematic match up to the expected functions pins supported above. If so than support for the RA-35 should be possible in a future release, unless you’d like to try the development code with some guidance.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.