Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I noticed that OR doesnt fill in less common svxlink configuration parameters. I would like to enable QSO Recorder so I can push them to google for voice to text conversion.

If I insert the values for other svxlink options into the settings table will the config generator properly insert them into the config file or are additional configuration options something that needs to be done with a hook after svx_update runs?

Or is there some other mechanism to make this possible? I like to ask before I go forge some inferior hack to something that already exists.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hi Jason,
    I actually flirted with this feature a month or two ago. I got it to work to some degree but didn’t fully test it yet, more of a proof of concept. You’d need to make some hard coded PHP arrays within the /var/www/openrepeater/includes/classes/SVXLink.php class file. I You’d have to generated code that writes out a new section for the recorder, then add the PHP array element to the logic section that you’d want to call it. You also need to make sure that SVXLink has write access to the folder.

I even create a crude page to view the list of the folder and play them back within a browser. Nothing I have committed yet. I’d have to boot up a different stick to see the files.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

is this the right repo? it hasnt been updated in a couple of years.

htt ps:// github.com/OpenRepeater/openrepeater

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

That is main repo for the web UI. There is also the scripts repo. Note that what is considered stabled code in set as the master branch. There is currently branches for 2.2.x and 3.0.x that are in development. You’d have to manually switch to those branches. You can certainly build a 2.2.x build using the associated script repo. It is more of development code and will likely not be released as a downloadable IMG file. I would avoid 3.0.x as that is still unusable at this point as there is a lot of work going on with it right now, but you will see that it is getting active commits to get it ready.

None of the these branches have code it it yet for the QSO recorder functions I mentioned. That is a local experiment only as a proof of concept.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Anymore work being done on the QSO recorder? Is there a module that will handle this now? Where is the module repository?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.