Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Good Evening Group,

I was trying out the open repeater project on a Beagle bone black v2 and all seemed to work good, I decided to move to a Pi2 as there is room for expansion due to 4 USB ports.
    I loaded the new pi software onto a SD card and booted up the pi2 and adjusted dashboard setting as required. What I noticed is that the pin setup for PTT stays at +3v at all times thus the Transmitter is on continuously unit it times out.

Is there an issue with the raspberry pie image, or am I missing something?

Thank You

James ve1jcs

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been dealing with a failed hard drive among other things. There shouldn’t be an issue with the with the image for the Pi. I can imagine it is probably one of 2 things. You are using the software vox and it is not setup properly. I don’t really recommend that. Or if you are using the COS pin, then you might not have a proper pull up resister set to keep the pin value from floating. If the pin value floats and stays close enough to ground then you would experience what you are describing. It is usually best to test your circuitry outside of ORP and directly with Debian via the /sys/class/gpio structure and make sure the values are changing properly there. Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.