Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m thinking of putting OR on my portable GR300 setup for testing and prototyping. Which SBC rabbit hole do I go down?

Given the choice of a Raspberry Pi 2, an Odroid C-1, and a Beaglebone Black; which would you chose for starting an Open Repeater controller from scratch. Are any of the three a more preferred platform than the other?

Does the future direction of hardware (cape/daughterboard/etc.) lean more toward one more-so than the others?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings and welcome to the forums. A lot has to do with preference and there are ups and downs to each. I use the BBB primarily and is seems to work fine. That has the least memory of the three. Richard has all three as he uses them to build the images. The Odroid C-1 has the most horsepower of them all, but a smaller support community. The RPI2 has the largest community around it and the price is right. I think the Pi Foundation has made some good improvements with their latest boards. I was having issues with the older model B. Right now it’s a shake down and it’s anyone’s game, but the Pi has the most klout in the market and the C-1 header is “Pi Compatible” even though the GPIO pin numbers are different.

So if I had to put my money on anything right now I would probably say the RPI2 as that is probably going to be the board form factor if we go with a daughter style board.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Preferred SBC choice’ is closed to new replies.