Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to add 2 tone paging and maybe other paging formats?

Thanks
    Dale Miller
    KC2CBD

Dale,
    With the correct audio files and the correct “modules” i believe it could be done and even activated via DTMF, ill have to look into that as it would be a neat feature for say ARES or RACES toning. Any thoughts Aaron?

Devan

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I know there are talks about doing a WX module, so I don’t know if this would have the tones, but the general idea for svxlink is to code modules to add additional features. I have just started working with svxlink modules and am working with some of Juan’s test code to make an ORP remote relay module. Still testing and learning with modules, but I hope to eventually build a plugin type framework to make adding modules easier. There is a lot of work to do.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Looks like Selective Calling is implemented in SvxLink.

<http://www.svxlink.org/doc/man/man5/ModuleSelCallEnc.conf.5.html&gt;

The question is can it be accessed via dtmf commands.

Dale
    KC2CBD

Can we follow the convention of ACC RC-850?

The RC-850 uses prefix 2 for Paging and then a 2 digit number for the individual pager.
    The RC-850 allows from 00-53 for pager memories but with ORP we could probably increase that.
    It would be nice to have user “slots” where such information would be easy for users to use.

Motorola QC2 is suppose to be incorporated into SVXLink per changelog but I don’t see it in the svxlink wiki.
    https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink/wiki/ModuleSelCallEnc

So with a paging module it would be nice to set macros for QC2 using dtmf prefix 2.
    I believe this can be done but I’m not good at programming.

Thanks
    Dale, KC2CBD

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I will certainly keep it on the radar to look into for future features. I haven’t received a lot of requests for paging, so that might be a bit further down the list to test. I have my hands full with a number of other features and updates currently being worked on.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Were you able to test the selective call function? I implemented this functionality many years ago, but only had the opportunity to test ZVEI1 and ZVEI2 because Motorola’s QC2 etc were not available in Germany.
    Furthermore, I found various sound definitions on the Internet and unfortunately I cannot rule out that there may still be an error in the TCL files.

mni 73s de Adi / DL1HRC

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I have not been able to test the selective call function yet. There are a number of SVXLink features that have yet to be incorporated into ORP. And…I am trying to incorporate them as they make sense.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

@Adi,

would you be able to give me a basic crash course on the selective calling functionality and the basic usage for this module? I found a Wikipedia link for the basics of selective calling in general and I think I have a grasp on that part, but nothing about how this module wraps into the schema.

I am compiling and consolidating a lot of information on SVXLink, modules, etc. and I cant really find anything at all on this particular modules usage online or in the man pages, its quite sparse. I looked at the TCL code, but not understanding the basics I am at a loss to describe what exactly the module does and the basic workflow of what to set, how to set it, how to use it, etc.

Any details you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.