Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greetings

I am currently setting up a repeater here in Ecuador and was looking at using a surecom repeater and stumbled upon your system. I have already purchased 2x C1 units for testing, and am wondering if I can use your setup to move forward. It would probably be some initial “hooks” into the current setup so if you can point me where I should start would be a great help.

Some background information: We are setting up a neighborhood watch type setup and will be using the repeater to increase our coverage areas due to the valleys that stretch from the main town area. There have been issues here in the past, so the system, on the “Emergency Channel” which uses this repeater is to be monitored by this system and to log the usage to a database, and provide identification in the event that a distress sequence is triggered.

Functionality: When a user broadcasts it contains their ID via either PTT ID, or AIN. The system logs all activity into the database, and if 3 in a row is detected, it triggers an alert to on duty personal. Here I am adding a GSM module so the system can actually call the person. It can also SMS a list of people if necessary. The personal can log into an interface and see all logged activity, as well as the identity of the person.

In your current setup, there is a script or process that is used to identify the ID provided by the radio, and here is where I would need to hook in, or, a feature request where on receipt of an ID, it will CURL to a location based on user input such as: http://127.0.0.1/id_recieved.php?$id$
    Where $id$ is replaced by the ID it detected. I can then from there have a cron job that checks and triggers the cascade to call/sms if needed without any further tampering on the main system.

I don’t know if there are features in there that are potential in future releases, but if I can hook into it at the correct spot, I can get it to do what I need.

Thanks for this, and hope I can use your system instead of the surecom setup.

Storm

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings,
    Sounds very interesting what you are trying to accomplish. Unfortunately, ORP is purely analog at this time. To be able to collect extra information about the radio, I would guess that would only be achievable with a digital system (like D-Star, System Fusion, DMR). ORP is in it’s simplest form a prepackaged distribution of SVXLink with a web application that sits on top.

If you are wanting to build upon this, the first step would be to get this kind of support built SVXLink itself. If you are able to help with development on that, you would need to reach out to Tobias SM0SVX, the author of that piece of software.

I wish the best of luck to you and let me know if you have other question. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.