Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Having the ORP display information on a OLED or other type display connected by gpio , much like some of the mmdvm hotspots would be a great feature. One thing i wish to be able to see is connected stations/nodes at a glance.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hi Brett,
    That has certainly been a consideration, but is a bit farther down the list. On consideration is there are a number of displays on the market, so trying to support all of them or even a few will be a considerable bit of work. It may not be an out of the box solution built into to ORP or one that would need to be added and customized by each users needs. There have been bits and pieces worked on.

I know Dan KG7PAR has messed with the displays with an external script to what the GPIOS for COS and PTT status on multiple ports. As for watching what echolink nodes are connecting, the core SVXLink program doesn’t currently have that capability built in for a separate log file. Any of those connections get logged into the main log file. I have simple PHP script/page that I was experimenting with that reads in the main log file and GREPS it for just the echolink connections/disconnections. It is still kind of crude and experimental. Right now it would have to be accessed from a web browser, but the same logic could be copied over into a python script that would provide data to a display.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Ideas are so simple…then comes the coding =\

Great feedback, thanks for the reply, as It’s been about 17 years since I done any type of program coding, I couldn’t imagine trying to get back into it on the level you and other contributors have for this project. Many big thanks for the time and effort that’s been put into this and the continuing experiments with features. Thanks again. – K5YVY

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks Brett for your support. With you post here, it definitely adds it to the list of feature requests when we revisit in the future. Right now I am working on frying some bigger fish for the next release.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.