Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Aaron and others..

Whilst playing with svxlink and openrepeater I found some really essential things that *must* be added to the “General Repeater Settings” menu.

Case 1

The following 2 paramaters must be definitly be configurable via the web gui.
    These are:
    DEEMPHASIS=
    1 if connected RX audio to a discriminator output, like 9k6 output
    0 if connected RX audio to a line of LS ouput

PREEMPHASIS
    1 if connected RX audio to a discriminator input, like 9k6 input
    0 if connected RX audio to a mic or line input

If these 2 are not set correctly CTCSS and DTMF decoding wont work well!

Default now is DEEMPHASIS=1, and should be to 0 in my opinion.

Case 2

The CTCCS settings has to be revised..
    That is for example, if we want to open the receiver with a CTCSS tone of 88.5hz

Now the Gui only adds the following to the svxlink.conf file

REPORT_CTCSS=88.5
    This parameter is for status announcement only “*”
    The repeater tells you what tone is used.
    It does not affect the way the repeater should behave on RX.

CTCSS RX only works if the following parameters are set in the following way in svxlink.conf:

Add the following line (tone:time), Tone = the tone selected in the GUI, and the time is the minimal time it needs to detect before processing) 100 = 1 sec.
    So in this case the Repeater listens for a 88.5hz tone, if so it holds for 1 second, if tone is received longer than 1 sec, the repeater goes in TX.

OPEN_ON_CTCSS=88.5:100

Also importand is to disable the manual SQL input..
    We now use CTCSS as a kind of Squelch input, therefore we need to disable the manual Squelch input.
    Just Comment the following line. (setting it to 0 is not enough)

#OPEN_ON_SQL=1

Hope my findings are helpfull 🙂

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Björn, PD5DJ.
    Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for reporting back. Yes, I was aware we were probably going to need to tweak some things with DEEMPHASIS/PREEMPHASIS as well a PL/CTCSS tones, but I haven’t had the opportunity or the setup to test these. I kind of figured, we would get some feedback from the community. Thanks, as this gives me a starting point when I get to that step.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron

No problem :), I am full in to experimentation stage right now to figure out a lot of stuff.

the Deempahasis and Preemphasis selection should ofcourse be in ports setup menu.
    Next to the audio selection.

too bad I am a noob in php, otherwise I already tried to implement this.. 🙂

Bjorn

You could discuss whether -all- features of Svxlink should sensibly be implemented. Settings such as pre-emphasis etc. typically will be set only once while I would expect that other settings might be switched more often. Of course it is rather simple to edit svxlink.conf or remotetrx.conf manually…

Mischa

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Mischa,
    Sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you sooner. No I would say that not every feature SVXLink will be implemented. Pre-emphasis is on my todo list. I plan to incorporate the most useful and practical features and how they are executed in the GUI is important. The main goal of ORP is to make SVXLink more accessible to the majority. Those that need something very specific are probably better off using straight svxlink or modifying ORP. I have a Knowledge Base article I am working on to explain how to do that.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.