Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi We’ve just put an OpenRepeater on the air and is working but some users have complained about the received audio being muffled i:e no top, is there any way to improve this?

Hi I forgot to state the hardware we have, it’s 2 X Motorola GM350’s, SYXLink card Ver 1.1 and a Raspbery Pi 3+

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

OK, not home at the moment but I’m trying to remember if the SVXLink card has any hardware pre-emphasis/demphasis options.

Also on the GM350s you probably have some audio options in the RSS software as well. You may also wish to experiment with the pinout on the 16 pin connector on the radios. So on your TX radio maybe try pin 5 instead of pin 2 for audio out or vice versa.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Aaron, N3MBH.
    Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Just to add on to my previous post the SVXLink Card does not have any hardware based pre-emphasis/demphasis settings. I know the ICS interfaces do, so that is why I couldn’t remember. This sounds like more of a function of your radios as mentioned above. It could also be the USB sound cards that you are using with the SVXLink Card.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.