Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

The “short” ID that is sent isn’t all too short.

It is:
    1) Phonetic Callsign,
    2) “Repeater”,
    3) 20WPM CW callsign.

The “long” ID is VERY long:
    1) Phonetic Callsign,
    2) “Repeater”,
    3) “The Time is <current time>”
    4) 20WPM CW callsign.

The Long ID is fine. But the short ID is anything but short! 🙂
    I’d like to disable voice ID for a “short” ID and just use 20WPM CW and be done with it.

Then for Long IDs (sent while things are not active and busy) it can chatter all it wants! 🙂

Wish List:
    1) option to speak non-phonetic or phonetic callsign, or none at all.
    2) option to disable the word “repeater” or perhaps add other phrasing (probably depends on wav files in /usr/share/svxlink/sounds/en_US/ ..)
    3) option to enable/disable CW ID.
    4) option to add/remove “/R” or other prefix/suffix as needed.
    5) option to change CW pitch
    6) option to change CW speed
    7) (maybe) option to change CW amplitude

(some of this can be changed by editing /etc/openrepeater/svxlink/local-events.d/CustomLogic.tcl but changes are overwritten when any GUI change is made, new config files written, and the svxlink process restarted, making efforts in editing the file by hand somewhat thwarted. Also, this is complicated by the fact that restarting the service using “service svxlink restart” doesn’t reload this file and make the changes active, and neither does “/usr/local/bin/svxlink_restart”. The only way I’ve found to activate features after changing the CustomLogic.tcl file is to reboot the RPi.)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can assist! I like this project!!

Joe

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Joe,
    I am closing out old post and ran across this one. Stay tuned because the code we are working on already address most of your requests. It will be release in the near future as version 1.1.0.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘More Control over IDs’ is closed to new replies.