Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi every one!
    This project is amazing. Everything is possible.
    My “dreamgoal” is to have a repeaterlogic to handle all modes. Digital & analog.
    A dream to use in different portabel missions, and a standby if the local rep goes down.

For example:
    Safety & reporting results in motorsport. (Safety use analog & the results use digital)
    Different kind of emergencys. (Open analog channel & digital for more sensitive tasks)

One RP2 for logic, one RP2 for DMR, one RP2 for fusion, etc, etc.

The result will be that everyone can use the repeater, regardless of mode and type of radio.
    (Rep sysop can chose in the meny how to set up. 1750Hz, subtone, DTMF, local or network,etc)

When bigger “job”, just build another one with RP2 and another freq. Make a local network
    like echloink, but everything in this case is portable and can be used everywhere when so needed.
    Easy to repear if broken, light weght, use 12v and can take power from any car, etc.

I’m not so good with Linux yet, so I prefere an IMG file to put in the RP2, but I have many idéas
    how this project can develope to maby be a mix of different IMG’s that can be used together with
    a cuple of RP2 to be customized,(but still like a RP2 ham-standard) to sute most of us. Out in the field or to build/update our local repeater.

Just an idéa how this project can be used. Maby the winter will be long and boring??
    The RP3 is pretty fast, more RAM, and can take care of much more when needed.

Cheers
    Peter

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Peter and thanks for your support. Yes, I have been keeping an eye on the ever evolving digital voice modes. I think there DV is still in it’s early stages and unfortunately there are so many competing standards right now and no one can seem to agree on a standard. So, part of it is just waiting to see how things shape up.

There is also another project shaping up called MMDVM that promises to support DMR, DStar and C4FM (System Fusion). At some point I would like to see if we could adapt this project into ORP.

The main focus for ORP is the ease of use. Features will be added as we can implement a UI for them and do so in a straight forward and sensible manner. That’s the big picture anyways.

Your comments are certainly welcome and appreciated.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.