Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi!

At first i must say the OpenRepeater Soft works very great-Thanks!
    But it would be nice if the Metar Information Modul would be working also. Our Repeater is in the near of an Airport and our users like this feature. Is it possible to update this function in OpenRepeater? Because the Metar-Files from NOAA switches to https secured.
    Thany you very much!
    Klaus OE4KMU, 73s

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Hi Klaus,

This is an issue for the underlying svxlink software, and is known about.

https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink/issues/439

There is a fix checked into the master trunk. For right now we don’t support building from trunk directly as it has not been well tested, we are sticking to released versions of svxlink source code.

Now having said that, we do have the option in the build script (under advanced menu) to select to build from the trunk if you want to try doing a build yourself. This version is not released so we can’t guarantee there won’t be bugs (we actually know about several that are outstanding so far).

The process is fairly straight forward if you are comfortable doing the basics of creating an image from scratch and getting logged into your system on the console. Few commands to copy and paste and then you should be up and running with the trunk version.

Just follow the instructions and everything should go smoothly.

https://github.com/OpenRepeater/scripts/tree/2.1.x

Dan, KG7PAR

Hi Dan!

Sorry for my delay…Qrl is very time-robbing in the moment…hi
    Thank you very much for the instructions, i will build a new image in the next days. What do you mean, is it possible or meaningful to make this update remote? The Repeater is not accessible because of a lot of snow on the mountain.
    73s Klaus, OE4KMU

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

For your situation, I would recommend building and testing locally and then deploying to your field system.

This looks to be compiled into the source code so not easily remotely implemented.

If you have a knowledgable linux guru around, you should be able to do it remotely, but I am certainly not well enough versed to provide guidance on how to do it safely and not risk taking the system down completely.

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Klaus,

it appears the svxlink trunk is broken at the moment’ best to hold off for a bit on this

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Hi Klaus,

Sorry for the lag in further response. We have been chasing down another bug that we think we are now getting squashed.

If you would like, you can use my version of the build script to get your system setup with the trunk builds now which has the updated code for the metar module. note I have not touched the core svxlink code, so any bugs that are there are part of the trunk code and will need patched later on.

You can grab the installer here, or wait for the 2.1 Open Repeater release (Date pending, but getting closer) which will also include the same changes (assuming they are accepted to the project)
    https://github.com/dloranger/scripts/

Hi Dan!

Thank you for your assistance on my inquiry.
    I think it is better to wait for the 2.1 Open Repeater release. Hopefully that the update comes soon.
    A inoperative repeater is not so good and i will hold now.
    But i will test local with the installer and your scripts. I’am not so good in Linux, so will see what happens…hi
    73s de OE4KMU, Klaus

Hi Guys,

Now i use the 2.1.1 Version of ORP. My problem is the MetarInformation Module, no chance to get it running. Who can help me with the correct settings please, or what i have to do more?
    My Linux is not very good…So please step by step for the helpers.
    Thany you very much,

73s Klaus, OE4KMU

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Klaus, OE4KMU.
    Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Klaus,
    I hope 2.1.1 is working well for you. This version is built with the SVXLink release 17.12.2 and not the trunk. We were having some other issues with the trunk version and it is much more consistent to base our builds off of a release than a trunk. The trunk version has the tendency to change.

In talking with Dan, there appears to be changes to the Meta Info module that require the trunk build currently. The 17.12.2 release was put out over a year ago, so not sure if Tobias will be making an updated release in the near future. The only way around this is to use the build script located at https://github.com/OpenRepeater/scripts and do your own custom build and build with trunk. It will still require some hacking to get the module to activate and you’d need to manually edit your config for the module.

Sorry about the wait, but we are trying to work around some of the stalled development on SVXLink. That said, it does look like Tobias has been making some commits to it this year.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

If we can come up with a work around and build an ORP module, we will certainly update you here.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.