Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Trying to use the web gui now just takes me to a blank screen for login.php. I initially used the web gui to set the basics up, then went into the conf files to hard code my settings for using USB soundcard interface. I have no longer been able to use the web gui as when I click on the openrepeater login button it just takes me to a blank login.php. Is there a conf or file that I can check or rebuild to get this working again without having to make a fresh install and setting it all up again? I would like to be able to use the web gui to actually see activity and such, as once I start svxlink by tty and close the connection I’m unable to use tty to see activity of svxlink again without restarting. Thanks.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Brett,
    A white screen sounds like a php error. What files did you end up modifying? It could be some malformed code. Even a missing semi colon or missing quotes will cause this error with php files.

You also said that you were making modifications to configure your USB sound card. You probably should not have to do that. Is your card showing up in the drop down menus, if not it may not be a supported device by Linux or ALSA.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thanks for the reply Aaron, the USB0 was not an option in the drop down menu, I edited svxlink.conf (/etc/openrepeater/svxlink/svxlink.conf) to change from serial gpio to USB0. I have that working perfectly. But I did at some point edit the (/var/www/openrepeater/functions/svxlink_update.php) to prevent the web gui from undoing my changes as instructed here (https://openrepeater.com/knowledgebase/topic/custom-svxlink-configuration), as the USB options are not supported in the web gui. I use a rigblaster nomic for my ptt control. I will attempt to copy the code out of the .php file and compare it to the native .php file in the original download.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Yeah, I would copy back the original files, and rename your modified files and redo the changes piece by piece. Also make sure that you don’t create any permission issues on the files. Just set them the same as untouched files in the same directory.

The idea is not to modify the changes in the svxlink.conf file, but rather in svxlink_update.php file. What you put in your svxlink.conf file, you can find the sections that generate that in the svxlink_update.php and hard code it there. That way all the other updating operates as expected.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thanks, I will give that a go, I do remember changing the svxlink.conf first then running across the link to update the .php file later, so I may do a fresh install since I’ve became familiar with what needs to be changed and I have all that saved to some screen shots. I’ll remember to come back and update this thread with results when I decided to tackle it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.