Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am new to this and have downloaded and installed the latest version onto a RPI2. I am able to Putty into the PI, I know the IP address and all this works fine. Once I reboot the PI and try to use the browser to get to the IP address, this is where it all stops. My computer can’t or won’t open the pi so I can finish the setup.

Regor

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Regor,
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for your support of ORP! If you say the IP address works fine and you can SSH in, my initial thought would be that you are not using HTTPS (secure) to access the Web UI. This can be overlooked easily. See the excerpt from the getting started guide below. Once you get there, you may have to click on and advance link to proceed since it is an unsigned SSL Cert.

Go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (192.168.xxx.xxx) of the repeater board and click the login button on the splash page. NOTE: You may get a browser warning about an untrusted SSL Certificateā€¦proceed anyways.

Hope this helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

I guess that I don’t know how to spell https://. Hi Hi. It opened right up and thanks for your help.

Regor

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Not a problem at all. Glad it’s working.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

hello
    i just setup a repeater with Openrepeater and it is working great, my posting is similar to this posting.

I am looking for where the port setting is for the web gui (pi web server)
    It currently is set to port 80 but, where I have the Rasberry pi connected , the location blocks port 80 form the web.
    I can access the R pi remotly with ssh right now at the command line level.

I need to be able to change the port setting,

Thank you.
    Dan N8QOP

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Are you typing in HTTPS and not HTTP?

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.