Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I thought I should introduce myself – here is VK3JME, Jamie
    I have been an amateur radio operator for over ten years now and still thoroughly enjoy the hobby. My time for rag chewing on the air unfortunately is a bit limited to traveling to and from work, but I do get great enjoyment from building and tinkering with radio, electronics and computers, especially when all of them collide.

Currently I am the caretaker of VK3RBP, at the moment it utilities a couple of Motorola Radius M120’s, but I hope to soon upgrade it with a Unilab KL-450. I also have managed to find an old voting interface for the radio which I hope to make interfacing a little easier.

OpenRepeater looks really exciting as I believe it is a more modern approach to repeater control. Unfortunately I have very little experience with SVXLink so it is going to be a big learning curve.

I have a few questions:
    – What is the current direction expected with the CTCSS options of OpenRepeater?
    On first accounts it appears that you are aiming to detect from the discriminator and TX after the voice processor of the radio.
    Have you considered using of some external filtering and count the CTCSS frequency from a GPIO pin? An option could also be for TX CTCSS to be inserted back in to the radio using PWM output from GPIO18.
    – What is the direction of multiple sound devices? I am rather excited about the use of multiple sound cards to allow for custom repeating and trunking.

Once again, I reckon OpenRepeater’s future looks very exiting, and I hope to be able to help out in the future where I can.

Regards,

Jamie Collins
    VK3JME

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks Jamie for your interest and sorry for the late reply. This my be short at the moment because I’m trying to respond from my phone as I’ve been meaning to get back to you.

No, we haven’t really consider external CTCSS decoding. The SVXLink software supports decoding but it’s not fully implemented into ORP yet. In my opinion this is best handled by the radio itself.

As for multiple sound cards I am working on a ui for the next build. I don’t have a release date for that yet. SVXLink itself supports that though and I have a knowledge base article on how to modify the config but it would take some experimenting and reading into the SVXLink man pages.

Hope that’s a start for now. Let me know if you have any questions

Aaron – N3MBH

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.