Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just an FYI,
    I ordered 4 of these Generic 7.1 USB devices off of amazon and they all DON’T, I repeat DON”T WORK!!
    The audio out of these devices are so low you can’t hear anything out of them, If I use an older one that I had kicking around for many years it is 10 TIMES louder than this one that is recommended.
    Is there some sort of software adj. that needs to be done in the software to get these generic 7.1 USB audio devices to work?

James

ve1jcs

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hi James,
    A couple things to check and consider as there are so many of these things floating around the web. First, a low audio level is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are trying to drive a speaker or headphones for testing purposes, yes this could be annoying, but if you are going to be driving the mic input on a transmitter, a lower audio level would be desirable and in may cases attenuation would need to be added inline.

On the linux level, you can access the mixer by typing alsamixer at the command line. You will need to SSH into the board to access this. See the Knowledge base for instructions.

Also it might not hurt to test these on a Mac or Windows machine and see if you can get the desired output from them in a more controlled situation.

Hope this is of help.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thank you for the information Aaron, that did the trick and all seems to work great with these new Generic 7.1 adaptors.

Just patiently waiting on the implementation of the second and third USB sound devices so I can start experimentation on my DR-1x and try linking another device on the second port

James

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Glad to hear they are working. Thanks for your patience. I am hoping to work on refining the additional ports in the UI soon. I started some work on it a while back but have been overwhelmed with day-to-day work. So once things slow down again, I will be back at it.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.