Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I noticed that my Echolink status was not being reported correctly on http://www.echolink.org/links.jsp.

To get this to work properly, I modified svxlink.conf and ModuleEcholink.conf as follows.

This will get overwritten if you initiate a restart from the webpage. Therefore, I made copies of these files in their respective directories and simply copy them back to their correct names before issuing ‘orp_helper svxlink restart’ should I need to make changes from the webpage.

I am still trying to figure out how to incorporate this into the php file(s).

/etc/svxlink/svxlink.conf

[GLOBAL]
    MODULE_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/svxlink
    LOGICS=ORP_RepeaterLogic_Port1,ORP_SimplexLogic_Port2
    CFG_DIR=svxlink.d
    TIMESTAMP_FORMAT=”%c”
    CARD_SAMPLE_RATE=48000
    LOCATION_INFO=LocationInfo
    LINKS=LinkSection

[LocationInfo]
    #APRS_SERVER_LIST=noam.aprs2.net:14580
    STATUS_SERVER_LIST=aprs.echolink.org:5199
    LON_POSITION=74.04.6W
    LAT_POSITION=40.04.59N
    CALLSIGN=ER-WB6YAZ
    FREQUENCY=444.5
    TX_POWER=1
    ANTENNA_GAIN=6
    ANTENNA_HEIGHT=20f
    ANTENNA_DIR=-1
    PATH=WIDE1-1
    BEACON_INTERVAL=10
    #TONE=0
    STATISTICS_INTERVAL=10
    COMMENT=[ORP] SvxLink by openrepeater.com

/etc/svxlink/svxlink.d/ModuleEcholink.conf

[ModuleEchoLink]
    NAME=EchoLink
    ID=2
    #TIMEOUT=0
    #ALLOW_IP=10.0.1.0/24
    #BIND_ADDR=10.0.0.210
    SERVERS=naeast.echolink.org, nasouth.echolink.org, servers.echolink.org, backup.echolink.org
    CALLSIGN=WB6YAZ-R
    PASSWORD=Your Echolink Password
    SYSOPNAME=Gregg
    LOCATION=[ORP] Pt. Pleasant, NJ
    MAX_QSOS=4
    MAX_CONNECTIONS=4
    LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT=0
    DESCRIPTION=”You have connected to EchoLink node 223532\n”
    “QTH: Point Pleasant NJ\n”
    “Link: Repeater Rx:449.5MHz, Tx:444.5MHz, No PL\n”

USE_GSM_ONLY=1

Reference svxlink man pages:
    http://www.svxlink.org/doc/man/man5/svxlink.conf.5.html
    http://www.svxlink.org/doc/man/man5/ModuleEchoLink.conf.5.html

-Gregg WB6YAZ

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Gregg,

You are correct that you cannot make changes to the .conf files as they are dynamically generated. You would need to make the changes in the PHP that writes these files. There was an older Knowledge Base article (that could use some updating) that described how to do some editing of the svxlink_update.php, but as of version 2.0.0 that script has been drastically overhauled in preparation for current and future improvements.

Previously most of the build functions were within the svxlink_update.php file, but that has been rewritten into object oriented PHP classes. So you will see in /var/www/openrepeater/functions/svxlink_update.php where it calls out to some functions that are in a new class. That class is located here: /var/www/openrepeater/includes/classes/SVXLink.php

That is where the Echolink config is built. All the modules are generated by the same class method so it might be a little hard to track down.

This is roughly how it is invoked: The svxlink_update.php file calls the function/method build_logic_repeater() within the SVXLink.php class.

That function calls another function in the class called: build_module_list()

That in turn calls write_module_configs() where all the module info is pulled from the database and looped through and processed into an array It is constructed as a PHP array, then passed on to a write function that will call another sub function to reformat the PHP array into an INI format before writing to the ModuleEcholink.conf file.

You could put soemthing inside of the loop of write_module_configs() to catch and custom process just the Echolink Module, or all the settings that are unique to each module are stored withing the database in a serialized array under the moduleOptions field.

If you just want to customize the Echolink config file then you might want to edit the array in /var/www/openrepeater/modules/EchoLink/build_config.php. This is a PHP array that will get serialized and stored in the database that gets called and processed by the method described above.

As for the [LocationInfo] section in the main config, that is probably something that should ultimately need a class method built for it, but you probably could modify the svxlink_update.php script and insert and array for this section after line 107 ($config_array[‘GLOBAL’]…). Maybe something like this:

$config_array[‘LocationInfo’] += [
    ‘STATUS_SERVER_LIST’ => ‘aprs.echolink.org:5199’,
    ‘LON_POSITION’ => ‘74.04.6W’,
    ‘LAT_POSITION’ => ‘40.04.59N’,
    (etc, etc, etc…)
    ];

Hope that is a good starting point. I will be glad to work with you to try to improve this functionality in a future release.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the info. I am new to both svxlink and php, your description helps a lot.

I find the web interface very useful, but I can see that the vast number of options in the .conf files would be difficult to provide access to via the webpage. If there were a way to access the info in the .conf files prior to being written to the php array, it would greatly enhance the tweakability of the interface.

Thanks again for your work on this project. Let me know how I can help.

I have an ICS controller and my ultimate goal is to build a remote base / repeater that will include a DTMF to CI-V interface for my IC-7100.

-Gregg WB6YAZ

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Gregg,
    Thanks for your support. We have a beta “advanced mode” that allows direct entry of the svxlink.conf file and the gpio.conf files. But it doesn’t currently support editing of the EchoLink config or any of the other logic files of SVXLink.

I will shoot you a side email as well.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.