Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Was able to get SVXlink running however, DTMF tones are not decoding properly.

The controller is connected to a console that DTMF tone levels are lower then voice levels. Tones decode through Echolink software running on Windows 10 but not through SVXlink.

Is there a setting in svxlink.conf that would need to be changed to allow the controller to decode the tone?

also, is there a way to change the default codes to control features?

thanks
    mike w8vpc

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, I was “off the radar” for a bit.

My guess is either you input audio is not properly adjusted either coming from your receiver or in the alsamixer. I would check this and ensure that it repeats voice in a satisfactory manner while watching the log. Then check your DTMF tones. Also make sure that you are depressing the tones long enough. It may have problems detecting shorter tones. Tone muting is also hard coded into the file that builds the config. Your squelch also needs to be opened (i.e. by COS) otherwise the commands will be ignored. You should see this reflected in the log.

Many of the codes are hard coded into the core and various modules, but I am working on at least being able to define the numbers for the modules in the future…so Echolink could be initiated by say 8# instead of 2#. If you have a shortened DTMF sequence you would like to use, SVXLink has a macro feature, but that is yet to be built into the ORP front end.

Take a look at the man page for SVXLink to see what is available, you can always modify your install yourself to your liking. See the overview in the knowledge base on this.
    http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/man/man5/svxlink.conf.5.html

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.