Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This feature may exist, but I have not downloaded your package to review nor have I been able to locate in the documentation. I would like to see the capability to link repeaters (Pi to Pi for example) to create a linked repeater system over private IP rather than over the internet. AllStar provides this function, I know you do not yet support AllStar but I am interested in your project and would like to kick the tires if this feature does exist?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Allan,
    Correct we do not currently have that feature built in; however, svxlink which we use for our logic core does support that. So with some modification, it should in theory be possible.

Check out this documentation for svxlink and see if it is what you are referring to: http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/man/man1/remotetrx.1.html

We are getting ready to release our next build 1.1.0, but it won’t have this feature as a built in option just yet. We have discussed adding it and it will probably be eventually. We just have to do some tests and build a UI for the feature after we work on some more pressing things.

If you can, hang on for 1.1.0

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Greeting guys.

Neat project. I am an embedded hardware software guy from the 90s and been doing playing with repeaters for a long time.

I have always wanted to build a repeater that supported multiple remote receivers all on the same freq that would like using IP to the transmitter site. The trick has always been to pass the signal strength so you can select the RX stream from the best receiver.

Any thoughts on this? Also wondering if the python code is available for tweaking? Are you open sourcing the development so perhaps different teams could add features?

Thanks – looking forward to building my next repeater with a PI

73s

Doug

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Doug,
    In theory this should be possible, check out the SVLink documentation here: http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/man/man5/svxlink.conf.5.html.

You would need to add a voter section to the config as well as a network receiver I think. I have yet to try this, but the core appears to support it. Building a web gui for it is another animal.

You can try modding your svxlink config file to test:
    /etc/openrepeater/svxlink/svxlink.conf

To prevent the web gui from overwriting these changed you will need to incorporate them into the svxlink_update.php file that is responsible for writing the change to the svxlink.conf file: /var/www/openrepeater/functions/svxlink_update.php

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Pretty cool, I had not gotten that deep in to the core of the scxlink radio controller module. It looks like it supports voting as well.

Having that nice audio interface board would be a real time saver especially if I am going to need to interface three or four radios in different locations. How far out are those from being able to be purchased do you think?

I looked at the hardware section for some interface schematics and I did not see anything. Where for example do you specify the GPIO pins for COS or PTT. Also looks like the voter will need RSSI which can be passed to the server. Has anyone worked out a standard implementation for the interface (which pins get normally assigned to what?)

Hope I am not asking too many dumb questions. Thanks Doug

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Not a problem. Now that 1.1.0 is out I am trying to focus on improving documentation. I am working on a Knowledge Base that will have many specific sub topics/tutorials That will go live soon. Hopefully I will get a change to draw up some basic schematics soon and include in the KB.

Juan (from France) is working on a larger board design he is just starting to take pre orders on. This will not have onboard sound and will still require an external USB sound card. It will however have relays to control external devices. It will be offered in kit form where you can purchase the PCB and components pack separately. Last I calculated, I believe it will be over the $100 mark in USD. So doing multiples will be costly.

I think Juan was working on some standardized pinouts that will be shared between his “big board” and the ORP board concept we have shared in the past. I don’t have those pins handy at the moment. If you are building your own interface, it really doesn’t matter, Just so long as you declare your pins in the Web GUI. The background scripts will take care of registering the pins with the OS and svxlink. For example on my RPI2, I am using GPIO 27 for COS and GPIO 22 for PTT.

Hope that Helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.