Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Now that my ICS 1X controller and Pi2 is up and running with echolink I need to customize the voice ID files to use as a link repeater with echolink or a simplex repeater.
    1. Can the 1X be used as a simplex repeater thru the software or an update?
    2. How and where do I change the audio files?

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

Hi Randy,

The 1x is just a radio interface and a sound card essentially, so it all really comes down to your software configuration. I don’t think the 2.0 release really supports the simplex logic, but the next release (2.1) should have ready support for simplex.

As for the sound files, there is a folder for all the sounds, but essentially they are prerecorded wav files, 16k mono format as I recall. Browsing “/usr/share/svxlink/sounds” folder will get your started

Aaron had stated in December that simplex was on his bucket list. How close is is V2.1. I currently have the ICS 1X on a RPi2 with RX and COS from a Yeasu FT1500M and the TX going to a speaker amp to monitor. I use a Beofeng HT as input with a tone and tone squelch on the Yeasu to prevent stray signals. I would like to set up as a remote user of local repeater for 2 meter net but do not want to use two radios and duplexer if possible. What is my best option or should I try another way.

Dan, KG7PAR
    Forum Administrator

We have been working on it as time allows, I know aaron wants to get 2.1 out sooner than later but we haven’t set a hard target yet. There are only a few of us working on it actively right now so it tends to go in spurts.

If interested you can build a copy of the current beta image which is stable, but the UI has an issue where it runs with a bit of lag that we haven’t chased down yet

https://github.com/OpenRepeater/scripts/tree/2.1.x

Just start with a clean SD card with the latest raspian LITE image from the pi foundation (https://raspberrypi.org/downloads) and then follow the instructions on the github link above.

AAron had mentioned in a previous post that the first port of the 2X board was duplex as the current ORP is now written and all other ports would be simplex links. Are the simplex links on the 2X boards for port 2 dependent on the new version of the software or does it function as a simplex port now? Maybe the ICS 2X an option for my application? I just want to connect to a local repeater like another other operator (but thru echolink) and not have it repeat what is coming thru the receiver and not a lot of beeps and ID’s. I appreciate all the work you guys have done. It works perfectly with echolink here on the bench if I can just bend it to my needs and get it on the air. A lot more work to be done,I am sure. Thanks

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Randy,
    The ports on the 2X are physically identical. The function of the ports is more defined by the logic configuration in software for the ports. The aforementioned 1st port duplex / additional ports simplex was just the first step in supporting additional ports and was determined to be the most common approach. It takes a good bit of work to make a UI that is flexible for different configurations. We are working on some interim options that would offer some other configurations until we do some UI redesign. 2.1.0 should be introducing a simplex node for port 1 where you could wire it up to one radio and use that in combination with the Echolink module to create a simple Echolink node.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Thank you Aaron for your work. I was hoping there would be an easy way to identify the ICS 1X single port as port 2 instead of 1, or identify the ICS1X board as a ICS2X board with dummy port 1 turned off and make the single port #2. Maybe as a separate board selection model ICS1XB. I know it would be complicated to have everything select-able from the dashboard. Thanks for the update.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

You could try loading the 2X board profile, then after it is loaded flip the GPIO pin values and the audio channels (i.e. left & right).

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Of course I believe modules are disabled on the link ports by default in 2.0.0.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.