Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would think to be viable the repeater and link interface(s) should support carrier detect and CTCSS/DPL detect inputs. VOX is of course subject to noise bursts and other artifacts of a non-qualified “valid signal” detection scheme.

Control software should provide for enable/disable the signal-present/valid-signal detection type.

As these are provided for by existing ‘comparable’ systems like IRLP, EchoLink, Asterisk, etc. it would seem ubiquitous. As a potentially smart Asterisk end-point… hmmmm…

Glad to see someone is working beyond the norm of more expensive controller means… the idea of having a network addressable smart radio control point provides MANY options.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for your interest and feedback. Yes the project is still in beta testing and development. We felt the best way to improve it is with real world feedback like yours.

The core SVXLink system does support Tone Squelch and tone transmission. Right now we still have to build the UI for it and the interfacing code. For the time being many folks can set this in their radios. I agree that VOX is some what touchy, but it is there for basic testing or for someone wishing to throw together a makeshift setup. COS is the preferred options. We are always working to improve things.

Aaron, N3MBH

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

It was not my intent to suggest that the software decode or encode tones, but that it provide for input sense lines from external COS detect and external CTCSS/DCS decoder devices – probably tied to a GPIO line.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

No problem…sorry I misunderstood your comment. That is already supported. Under ports you set a GPIO pin for RX and set the RX mode to COS instead of VOX. As for hardware we are incorporating that into our interface board we are designing. If you are using something like the Easy Digi. You just need to do a little extra side hardware right now. The COS is active when the GPIO pin goes low. You will need some kind of pull up resister to pull the pin high when it is inactive…this keeps it from floating in value. It depends on the board you are using, on the BBB black some of it’s pins are already configured with pull up resisters, on the RPI2 it is best to add them externally. My recommendation is to use an optocoupler with a pull up resister. When you active the optocoupler LED, the phototransitor side will make the pin go low. It also isolates the board to keep you from frying the GPIO pin inadvertently.

It will take me a little while, but I will need to find or make a diagram to add to the hardware page. Bare with us as we are still developing the project and working to build documentation. Thanks for your interest.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘COS/COR and CTCSS Logic’ is closed to new replies.