Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is there a way i can watch the commandline log file via ssh as is is generated?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Yes there is. You have some access from within the web gui, but that isn’t perfect the the refresh rate is a little slow.

For SSH, you can use the tail command. If you are doing other things in SSH open up a new SSH session in another tab or window and issue the following command:

tail -f /var/log/svxlink
    This will add new lines realtime and scroll as the log grows. To exit just type Ctrl+C.

Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

ok… next question… with the open repeater web gui in place is it possible for me to use all of svxlink’s features if I enable them and configure via command line?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry about that, looks like I over looked this reply. Sure, if you are willing to modify your install some there is a php file that hard codes many of the settings in the svxlink config file. If you place you hard coded changes in here, then anytime you update the web gui and rebuild it will write out the config file with your changes.

If you plan to do this, just be sure that you are comfortable with PHP and the svxlink config file.

Also, we just release 1.1.0 if you want to switch to that.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.