Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is there a possibility to upload a wav file to be played that a club could access (through DTMF) for important messages? My old repeater would say the time, temperature, and even played a wav file to remind club members about events and meetings. Could this be implemented given that there is a nice chunk of free space on the SD cards? It makes for a good option if Echolink is not available. 73 de KC8KVA

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

As it is right now, that support is not available. It could be added it will just take some work. It would involved custom coding a module that would respond to the DTMF commands and a Web interface to allow uploads of sound files. I am working on a new framework for supporting modules, but I don’t have a specific time just yet.

A work around right now would be to just record club announcements as part of the long identification, upload it and use it as a long identification, and set the long ID to every hour or so. It wouldn’t be on demand (DTMF), but would hopefully play frequently enough to not be annoying.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.