Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys!

At first have a happy new Year to all here!
    Now my Question, i’am not able to build a running Image from the latest Svxlink Trunk.
    It shows me always Svxlink status deactivated in the Dashboard. Also the Repeater-Log is not available. I would like to have the nice comfortable of ORP.
    It looks like the needed files are stored in other locations. The point is, i would like run the Metar Information Module with ORP.
    I’m not know about Linux very good, thats my problem…so please help a frustrate OM 🙂

73s de Klaus, OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Klaus,
    I don’t think that your main problem will be with trunk but with the module it’s self and how it is implemented within ORP. We would need to build the Metar Information Module into an ORP Module like we’ve been doing with some other modules. This is basically wrapping up the SVXLink module files, any sound files, into a specific directory structure along with some custom ORP files to make the module “installable” withing ORP. Check out some of our other modules in our github (github.com/openrepeater). ORP has a specific way that it generates configuration files and this would probably be the simplest and most future proof way to implement it without hacking ORP. I haven’t dipped my toes into the Metar module in SVXLink, but I can probably help assist with that if you’d like to help test it.

I don’t know if the Metar Module requires any of the functionality in SVXLink 19.x or not. If you want to do a build that includes that version of SVXLink, I would suggest using the 2.2.x branch of the build script (https://github.com/OpenRepeater/scripts/tree/2.2.x). This uses the 19.x release version of SVXLink for the express build. There are advanced build options in the script, but that has not been recently tested with trunk. We ususally go of release versions for stability reasons. Be sure to follow the scripts readme file.

Hope that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron!

Thank you for your answer, now i built the new 2.2.0. ORP setup and it seems to be all ok.
    But it shows me this error in the log:
    *** ERROR: Config variable GLOBAL/LOGICS is not set
    Which parameter i have to change now? Thank you!

Hi Aaron!

Sorry my Question was to fast, i found it out. In svxlink.conf the LOGICS row was failed.
    I will test now…

Thanks for Help!!

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I now have a basic ORP version of this module packaged up for testing. Seems to work well on my end.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Thank you so much Aaron!

I will test the Metar Module in the next days and check it out. Should i use it with 2.1.2 Version of ORP?
    Happy new Year to you and all Readers here!

73s de Klaus, OE4KMU

Hi Aaron,

Sorry, for me the Module have no output for Airports query. It show´s me *** WARNING: Could not look up host “https://aviationweather.gov”: Name or service not known
    in the log.
    I use ORP 2.1.2

73s Klaus

Hello Aaron!

So now everything runs perfectly with ORP 2.2.0 There is only one problem with the Metar module. The voice output of the airport’s weather information is repeated twice in a row. There still seems to be a bug. Thanks anyway for your effort!
    73 Klaus, OE4KMU

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Klaus,
    Yes, the metar module I believe is a little more complex than a straight TCL module. I haven’t dug into it too deep, but looking at the SVXLink trunk code there appears to be an additional CPP file with the metar module which I would imaging has the bulk of the code in it and gets compile with SVXLink. So it would be a little more integrated.

The repeating of the airport information twice as mentioned seems to be a know bug, and I’ve see the same thing on my end. I believe I saw mention of this somewhere recently, so it my be corrected in trunk but would need to wait to make it into the next release of svxlink to be utilized by ORP.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.