Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have been digging around and getting ready to do this project for my club. Issue is, I haven’t seen any videos showing a full setup in a live situation. Almost all the video’s I have seen are people checking audio, or your video on the software. That’s it though. Seems like this has been around for several years, yet no YouTube videos on one that is fully operational.

I have asked around the hams around here and most say they have heard of your project and most just dismissed it as being possible but has never seen it in action. A few people have tried it, but have not been successful in getting this to actually work.

So I have two questions.

1. Has anyone actually reported in that they have a fully functional version of this? Meaning, are they using it for their club or a local small repeater? If so then what equipment are they running it on?

2. Do you know of anyone that is working on creating a video of the project, from start to finish? If so, why are there no links to the video?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings and thanks for you input. A very valid point and one that I hope to address in the near future. We are working on some updates to the code, one of the most important updates being easily accessible means to remotely shut down the repeater. Either by DTMF or via the web gui. Previously, that was only possible via the command line via a SSH connection.

I agree videos are very important and I hope to have some time to put a more comprehensive video together after the new release. That way I can feature some of the newer additions as well as a fully functioning interface board. I also want to eventually create a user gallery area where we can share other peoples installations. I think this will be both encouragement and inspiration to others.

I know people are implementing this, I just having seen a lot of pics yet.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.