Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

After playing with OR for a few days, I realize that having some other basic Linux software with the distro would be nice. I found I wanted wireless access, so I installed wireless-tools. I also found that to add certain stuff to the platform, I needed build-essentials installed.

I know you are trying to keep the footprint as small as possible, but when you view this as a Linux distro, and an open source project, there are certain features that one would expect to be included.

I took the Pi and my easy digi interface to our Club breakfast this morning and they were all floored at the size and the price of such a capable repeater controller. Keep up the outstanding work.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for the feedback and showing it to the guys. We are working on some improvements for the next beta. Yes you are correct that we are trying to keep the image light weight. Richard is working on some other os improvements and he is building a menu to allow to configure/add some more common features like wireless. I am working on some GUI and usability improvements as well. Ultimately we would like the OS to become more transparent to the average user as we add things into the Web GUI. The goal is to make it like setting up a Router.

Stay tuned for updates and if you haven’t joined the mailing list or one of the social networks be sure to do so.

Aaron
    N3MBH

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Aaron,

Thanks for the info. I will join the mailing list and find the FB page this evening. Message forums can sometimes be the worst avenue for getting info out.

73’s
    Gene
    N7ARO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.