Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Trying too setup ORP Remote Relay Module
    Downloading instructions and files, instructions very unclear and confusing.

Copy Module Code Files
    RemoteRelay.tcl -> /usr/share/svxlink/events.d

ModuleRemoteRelay->/usr/share/svxlink/modules.d (Now is that ModuleRemoteRelay.tcl) ????

/etc/openrepeater/svxlink/svxlink.d/ModuleRemoteRelay.conf (Now dose this mean copy ModuleRemoteRelay.conf to file location shown)????

AND How and where do you change code in /var/www/openrepeater/functions/svlink_update.php

The examples given in NO way reflect what I see when I log into the repeater via SSH and look at the file?

Thank You
    James

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello James,
    While it would not be impossible to implement this code in SVXLink directly, the purpose of this GitHub repo is mainly a home for the development code. This is a module that I worked on that will be included in the next release of ORP that we are working on right now. This is only the SVXLink side of the code. The ORP release will also include a Web GUI to do the configuration changes and output a list of all the possible DTMF codes based on the number of Relays that you have setup. ORP will also handle registering the GPIO pins with the OS.

Generally speaking it looks like you are on the right track. I modified the readme file some to make a clearer outline of where the files goes. You will still need to modify the svxlink_update.php file as this writes out to svxlink.conf. It doesn’t have any provisions in the older versions to do this automatically. You will need to hard code the module name in. Some understanding of PHP and svxlink is required.

However…if you can wait a bit, this will be included in the next build of ORP where all you will need to do is enter your settings in a web GUI and connect your relays to the appropriate GPIO pins specified in your settings.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

So how is the update coming along?
    Will this new update also implement the use of the secondary port on the controller?
    And when will this new update be released, as it would be nice to play with some link radios on the ORP. Currently I have two UHF hand held radios connected on the repeater port for testing purposes and it seems to work great, but would be nice to try connecting up two the second port to do some further testing.

Thank You

Regards,

James VE1JCS

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hi James,
    I had to take a hiatus from the project for a better part of 2017 due to work demands. My goal is to get back to developing on it again soon. We do have a development image, that should have the relay module incorporated into it, it is just not live as of this posting. If you want to email me, I will send you a link to it (info at this domain name). Again it is just a “beta”. I don’t want to post links here because I don’t want people downloading it with the wrong expectations as well as if we remove it from the dev server, then there is a broken link issue. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.