Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

first off, i am very satisfied with it and have been following the project for at least 2 years, (i think). kinda missed out on the svxcard but oh well.

i have a couple of requests mostly for ease of use.
    #1 is the ability to change timezones and time from the web interface
    #2 is a way to adjust the sound, like a slider or simply a percentage input

i have also noticed, though im not sure if it is just too quick for my phone, that the description for echolink doesnt showup. other than that stuff though, i love it. i’ve been trying to teach some of the older guys some of the workings, and these are the things they continuously complain about not knowing or remembering how to do it.

kg5bom
    chris

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Hello Chris,
    An thanks for your support and your suggestions. I can always come back here and see what is documented when I am working on improvements. There are some complexities and security concerns when interfacing a web gui which could be made public facing with the OS. So attention has to be give to do it right which is why it is not in there yet, but I have had similar thoughts. I have been talking about making a help shell script that I can use to pass specific commands to from the GUI to reduce the risk of vulnerabilities.

There is a knowledge base article that discusses how set the timezone. The knowledge base could use some refinements, it just comes down to a mater of time. If you see things that you think are missing, let me know. If you wish to be a contributor and help with documentation, that would also be appreciated.

Hope that is of some help and I will keep you suggestions in mind. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

i was doing a bit of reading on the RPi issues with vox and sound and i found a rather interesting bit that may help you with some of the issues.

http://www.twotonedetect.net/raspberry-pi-simplex-repeater-the-peaterpipyr/

should you continue to pursue the vox part of it, i would suggest putting in an audio delay option that would help with the first syllables of a qso being cutoff.

im still working on a few other issues, mostly radio related lack of cor/cos output but i will let you know if i find something that works. on a note to the experimenters out there, be sure to put a diode between your audio out and the next part of a circuit. i had a feedback type of issue and more or less lost a radio.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for the feedback Chris.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.