Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello All:

I have the system running on Pi3 verB and have tested sound adapter
    which works in command line. Cannot get the sample long id to play in openrepeater web config interface.

Any suggestions?

73 – Doug

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Are you getting any sounds from the Pi? I think Richard updated some sounds recently in the script so maybe that part didn’t build properly. Just trying to narrow down your issue. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Yep I get sounds when I run aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I was actually asking about any sounds from ORP? Does is play anything if you change the long ID to Basic Voice? How about short ID? Do you hear morse ID? In your port settings you should have your sound card showing in the drop down. Also there is an advance button at the bottom of the ports page that should show you your aplay and arecord results? Also try changing the channel. Only one channel will be used, the left or right. Let me know if any of that helps.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

when I use the web configuration I can play the sample id sounds and morse id but it plays on the pc I’m accessing the http config interface with. should the sounds executed from the openrepeater web config utility play through the sound card connected to the Pi?

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sorry I missed this. Yes the sounds should play through the sound card connected to the RPI. The playing of sounds via the Web GUI is for previewing. So long as your card shows up in the drop downs you should be fine.

I looked and image of the 5Hv2 on google and it looks like the same one that I have. If you lsusb it you should see it as a CM108 sound card.

One other thing to check if it is detected OK would be to make sure you in and out volumes are turned up in the alsamixer. You can also set your ID for really frequent like 1 minute for short ID and 5 minutes for long id. With courtesy tones, you are not going to hear those unless you connect a circuit to operate the COS pin. This could be a pushbutton with pull up resister for testing purposes.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.