Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just installed a new 1.1.0 image, and looks like things are working. However, this reports time to Echolink incorrectly. Anyone have any timezone info that might help me here. (shows 2015). NTP goofy???

Thanks

kpkg-reconfigure tzdata
    Got the timezones correct, but it now shows April 2016. Maybe firewall is blocking NTP requests.

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

I am not completely sure what you mean that it “reports time to Echolink incorrectly”. Perhaps some elaboration to help me understand better.

For the time and timezone, try this KB article and see if it helps.
    https://openrepeater.com/knowledgebase/topic/setting-the-time-zone

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Aaron, thanks for the info. Yes, I had found that, and fixed the timezone info, however, what wasn’t working was NTP… The router I was behind blocked the NTP requests that the OpenRepeater box generated. Our DHCP passes out a valid NTP server IP, and I was assuming that the NTP on the OpenRepeater box would respect this.

I moved this box to a different router, that passes all NTP packets. That allowed the box to update the local time correctly.

What is strange is that when I changed the TZ, the OR Box time changed from August 2015 to April 2016 (3 months off…)

Better now, but the DHCP supplied NTP server IP isn’t getting passed on.

Thanks again – Mark

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Sounds like the rpi itself isn’t able to get the date. So this is probably an issue with Raspbian, your network interface, or your network. I’ve never heard of this before. Just a goofy configuration.

May check this link:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141454&f=28
    might have some good info. Maybe to do with your network interface?

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.