Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello Aaron.

The Openrepeater-project is really interesting. We operate a repeater in western Austria with svxlink (OE7XWT). Next year we plan to renew the hard- and software from my homebrew interface to the svxlink-card and the software from hamserverpi (DL3DCW).

My feature request: implementation of the svxlinkreflector in the webinterface an adding connections in the port-settings.

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Marco,
    Thanks for your interest in the project. There has been interest express in svxlinkreflector before. We just haven’t personally had the chance to figure it out, but it’s been on the radar. If you have an interworking of it you may be able to help move this feature forward. Our development team collaborates via Slack. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you an invite on the side. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron,

unfortunately, I’m not a PHP programmer. My advantages are in the hardware and only as a hobbyist. I would like to help, but I think my knowledge is not enough.

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

You don’t need to be a PHP programmer to help. If you feel like you have experience with svxlinkreflector and straight SVXLink, then your advice would be of great help. As you are probably aware the SVXLink documentation is sparse. Someone with firsthand knowledge would be of great benefit. I can develop the PHP off of working config files.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

The configuration of a svxlinkrefletor ist not very difficult 😉

I use our repeater with a homebrew hotspot over svxlinkreflector on a orangePi with a TRX-Shield with UHF and VHF TRX-Modules.

http://drc.bz/wordpress/technik/analog-digitaltechnik/svxlink-mit-orange-pi-zero/

Here in Europe we have great community 😉

Settings for the client have to be made in 2 files (svxlink.conf and ModuleEchoLink.conf).
    It is important that all nodes can not connect to each other via Echolink (Reject or drop in ModuleEcholink.conf).

The svxreflector must be configured separately and runs stand-alone.

If you want, i can send you a sample of the configuration-files from our repeater an my hotspot (with a description of the settings).

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

That sounds good. Hopefully I can start to investigate svxreflector hear soon. Maybe get a spare Pi setup at a straight SVXLink system with svxreflector so that I can get my head around it.

Aaron – N3MBH / WRFV871

Good afternoon again. Following my introductory post I have been conducting further experiments with my “local” svxreflector, two repeaters in France, one in Germany, on in the UK, and my two systems in my home, one a repeater and one a new device called a DJSpot.
    I have settled on DTMF as the means of using TalkGroups, that I have numbered according to the existing MCC system employed by DMR (of which I am also an expert).

There are three principle ways that sysops of repeaters can involve their community on SVXReflector. Once their callsign and Password are set at the server, and running in the [ReflectorLogic], the connection is solid but no traffic passes over the network, until…
    1. The sysop adds DEFAULT_TALKGROUP=0 and MONITOR_TALKGROUPS=###,##2,###3. This permits connections from outside this repeater to be heard only when those talkgroups are activated.
    2. The sysop adds DEFAULT_TALKGROUP=235 (e.g.) and MONITOR_TALKGROUPS=235,2351,2351 (e.g.). This permits the repeater to be part of a wider network of which TG 235 is common to all. It does not prevent a user Selecting TG0 to discontinue the connection or offering a non-listed talkgroup to which to QSY with a user elsewhere. The other monitoring groups can link certain repeaters as local clusters rather than a national network.
    3. The sysop add only the Default talkgroup to be part of one group, leaving the choice of QSY groups to the users.

There is a final alternative, whereby the sysop does not activate [ReflectorLogic] at all.

There is more to this, as to the method of coding, but this has been covered in the original documentation (e.g. 91235# goto TG235, 922351# QSY to 2351, 9# disconnect, or 90# go to default TG0.

If anyone wants to try it with my server, just offer me a callsign and a password by email, and I’ll set it up and give you the lines to add to make it work – I am qthr on qrz.com – Chris G4NAB

Further to my last post, you will find svxportal-uk.ddns.net available to view. This possibility is what you might expect when openrepeater developers review the added software requirements in the build of svxlink.conf with reflector.logic inclusive, with talkgroups.
    One interesting aspect to the dashboard is that the vk4tux-t node is digital on TETRA, whilst other nodes are possible.
    Catch me on QRZ.com or g4nab.co.uk.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.