svxreflector

Home Forums Module Development svxreflector

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron, N3MBH 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello Aaron.

The Openrepeater-project is really interesting. We operate a repeater in western Austria with svxlink (OE7XWT). Next year we plan to renew the hard- and software from my homebrew interface to the svxlink-card and the software from hamserverpi (DL3DCW).

My feature request: implementation of the svxlinkreflector in the webinterface an adding connections in the port-settings.

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

Greetings Marco,
    Thanks for your interest in the project. There has been interest express in svxlinkreflector before. We just haven’t personally had the chance to figure it out, but it’s been on the radar. If you have an interworking of it you may be able to help move this feature forward. Our development team collaborates via Slack. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you an invite on the side. Thanks.

Aaron – N3MBH

OpenRepeater is offered free of charge. Find out how you can support us.

Hi Aaron,

unfortunately, I’m not a PHP programmer. My advantages are in the hardware and only as a hobbyist. I would like to help, but I think my knowledge is not enough.

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

You don’t need to be a PHP programmer to help. If you feel like you have experience with svxlinkreflector and straight SVXLink, then your advice would be of great help. As you are probably aware the SVXLink documentation is sparse. Someone with firsthand knowledge would be of great benefit. I can develop the PHP off of working config files.

Aaron – N3MBH

The configuration of a svxlinkrefletor ist not very difficult 😉

I use our repeater with a homebrew hotspot over svxlinkreflector on a orangePi with a TRX-Shield with UHF and VHF TRX-Modules.

http://drc.bz/wordpress/technik/analog-digitaltechnik/svxlink-mit-orange-pi-zero/

Here in Europe we have great community 😉

Settings for the client have to be made in 2 files (svxlink.conf and ModuleEchoLink.conf).
    It is important that all nodes can not connect to each other via Echolink (Reject or drop in ModuleEcholink.conf).

The svxreflector must be configured separately and runs stand-alone.

If you want, i can send you a sample of the configuration-files from our repeater an my hotspot (with a description of the settings).

73 de Marco, OE7MBT

Aaron, N3MBH
    Forum Administrator

That sounds good. Hopefully I can start to investigate svxreflector hear soon. Maybe get a spare Pi setup at a straight SVXLink system with svxreflector so that I can get my head around it.

Aaron – N3MBH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.